Our team of lawyers in Barcelona
can provide legal representation to foreign and local businessmen who want to set up a business in this city or in another major Spanish city
, and can also help investors in running their company in accordance with the provisions of the local legislation. They are part of our team of attorneys in Spain
who provide a wide range of legal services
for foreign clients interested in doing business in the following main towns: Madrid
What are the legal services offered by our law firm in Barcelona?
Setting up a company in Barcelona
– this city is one of the most attractive in Spain
, especially for entrepreneurs who want to invest in the tourism sector. Our lawyers
will provide information about the types of companies available for incorporation and suited for the needs of your business.
After you send us the required documents, you will have to wait just a few days for the registration of your company and then you can start your economic activity. Our law firm in Spain
offers additional services, such as virtual office, accounting services etc. for foreign investors. Our lawyers
offer you also the possibility to buy a ready made company, if you can’t wait for the standard incorporation procedure.
Opening a subsidiary/branch of your business – foreign investors who need to open a subsidiary or branch of their business in Spain
and who choose Barcelona
as their main location may contact our lawyers in Spain
, who will help them with the incorporation procedures. They will explain them the differences between the two types of entities and will advise which is best for their business. Obtaining special permits and licenses
– if you want to perform certain types of economic activities in Barcelona
, you will need licenses and permits from the local authorities. Our attorneys in Barcelona
will represent you in front of the local authorities in order to obtain the licenses and permits you need and you don’t have to travel to this city and wait for the documents to be released.
Mergers and acquisitions – our lawyers in Barcelona
offer you legal assistance for signing a contract for mergers and acquisitions and will prepare the documents for concluding this type of business. Our law firm in Barcelona
can also help in the liquidation of companies – when you decide to liquidate your company,
no matter the reason, you may contact our law firm in Spain
and our local lawyers
will explain you the entire procedure and they will help you go through all the stages, also in court, if it is required.
Corporate and commercial litigation – our attorneys in Barcelona
will represent you in all the stages of a litigation and they will act on your behalf, if you need legal representation in other matters too. We can also offer tax advice and planning – almost every investor is interested in tax minimization methods.
What are the legal services for opening a company in Barcelona?
Our law firm in Barcelona can represent foreigners in all the above mentioned legal situations by offering tailored representation based on the particularities of each case. With regards to the registration of a company, which is a common legal service provided by our team of lawyers, foreigners should expect assistance in various legal aspects, which are presented below.
can help you in presenting the types of companies that can be incorporated in Barcelona
– commonly, investors choose to register a limited liability company
or a joint stock company, these being both corporate entities with separate legal personality. Investors can easily register partnerships, but sole traders are available for those who want to set up a small business in their own name.
Investors can rely on our law firm in Barcelona for in-depth advice on the commercial law applicable here and can benefit from step-to-step assistance on the registration process, depending on the nationality of the applicant. As a general rule, foreign investors who are citizens of the European Union (EU) can easily set up a company here, without any types of restrictions, but non-EU citizens will need to follow a more complex procedure that can be detailed by our team of lawyers in Spain.
Here, foreigners may need to obtain a residence permit and to apply for a visa. The visa options prescribed by the Spanish immigration law
are created for various categories of citizens and of legal situations (visas for family reunification programs, for employment purposes
, for business or investments, for refugees, for tourists and others).
You can address to our law firm in Barcelona for in-depth legal advice on how to obtain any of these visas; our team can help you prepare the necessary documentation when applying for a business visa, which will grant a non-EU foreigner the right of carrying a business activity here.
How can our law firm in Barcelona help you in opening a business?
The process of opening a company in Barcelona
is the same as the one of opening a company in any other part of the country, as the same legislation applies. You can rely on our lawyers
on numerous legal matters involved in the registration of a business, but, in order to have a more clear image, we will list some of the basic steps related to this process:
- obtaining a NIE number – it represents a tax identification number necessary for foreigners;
- obtaining a certificate of uniqueness – this attests the fact that the company’s trading name is unique at a national level;
- obtaining a CIF number – it represents a tax identification code necessary for businesses, which is issued through the tax agency;
- opening a corporate bank account – this procedure is done after the local authorities have issued the NIE and the CIF and it will first be used to deposit the minimum share capital;
- establishing the corporate structure of the company (shareholders, directors) and drafting and signing the company’s statutory documents.
What are the main reasons for investing in Barcelona?
Each Spanish region or city provides certain advantages for businesses, as each region has its own business climate, specific characteristics of the local consumer market, top economic sectors and other activities that can have the potential of accommodating a new company. In Barcelona, some of the most important highlights are as follows:
- tourism – Barcelona ranks as the 6th most visited city in Europe, accounting for 1.63 million visitors arrived here through cruise ships between January – July 2019;
- foreign investment climate – Barcelona is the home of more than 5,000 foreign companies;
- location and connectivity – the city provides the possibility of reaching any other major European city in 1 – 3 hours, as it provides numerous transportation routes by land or air;
- attractive property market – the Bank of Spain estimated that for 2020, the return on investments in real estate properties will yield a 10.5% return (analysis referring to residential properties);
- although in the past, foreign buyers from western European countries represented an important share of property buyers in Spain, now the market is characterized by a notable interest of persons from countries such as the United States of America, Syria, Egypt or Turkey, who purchase properties here with a market value of more than EUR 500,000.
If you want to find out how you can pay less for your taxes, you may contact our Spanish attorneys
who will present you the legal methods for tax minimization. For more details about our legal services
offered by our law firm in Barcelona
, you may contact us
and set an appointment.